Expired Chemicals are a common problem on rural properties, particularly after change of ownership or succession when details about chemicals stored on the property are often lost.
Farmers, growers and other users of agrichemicals can now safely dispose of their expired or unwanted chemicals thorugh Agrecovery, the rural recycling programme.
Agrecovery Chemicals is a safe and simple nationwide collection and dispose system for unwanted and expired agricultural chemicals.
How it works
Users of agricultural and veterinary chemicals can log their unwanted and expired chemicals for disposal with Agrecovery. Once a certain volume of chemical bookings have been received for a region, a collection event will be scheduled. Users who have booked chemicals will be notified of the location of the collection event in their region.
The cost of the disposal and collection will depend on the type of chemical booked, quantity and location. Cost will be advised prior to any collection event.
Specialised contractors will operate at these events to safely handle the chemicals users have booked. Some collections at your property may be necessary depending on the type of chemical.
Don't delay - book your Chemicals
Follow these simple steps to book your chemicals today:
- Download and complete the Inventory Form.
- Book your chemicals either online, phone, fax or post
- You'll receive booking confirmation and colour coded stickers to place on the booked chemicals
- Notification of the collection event and costs will be sent to you. Please note payment of charges must be made prior to the event
- Take you booked chemicals to the collection event
For more detailed information and to book your chemicals contact Agrecovery:
Freephone: 0800 AGRECOVERY (0800 247 326)