Kerbside Recycling and Rubbish Service
The Invercargill City Council provides kerbside recycling and rubbish collection services to properties in Invercargill and Bluff.
Who gets the kerbside service?
Properties within the Refuse Service Area have been assigned two wheelie bins - one for recycling (yellow lid) and one for rubbish (red lid). The yellow recycling bin will be emptied every fortnight and the red rubbish bin will be emptied every week.
How do I know its my bin?
The bins are clearly labelled with your property address and collection day. Look for the white label on the body of the bin, by the serial number.
When do I put my bins out?
See the address label on the body of the bin for your collection day. Place your bin/s at the kerbside on its collection day by 7.30am. Please do not put your bin/s out the night before, as they can be a target for theft or vandalism.
- The yellow recycling bin will be emptied every fortnight and
- The red rubbish bin will be emptied every week.
Click here to confirm your next collection day.
How do I use my bins?
Approved recycling materials go in the yellow bin. There is a sticker under the lid of the yellow bin that shows what can and cannot go in the yellow bin.
Approved rubbish materials go in the red rubbish bin.
- Make sure you do not overfill your bins - the lids must be closed for collection.
- Extra items placed next to or on top of the bin will not be collected.
- Place your bin/s out on the official collection day by 7.30am (please do not put your bin/s out overnight as they are targets for vandalism or theft).
Where do I place my bin?
- Put your bin/s on the footpath, grass verge or berm closests to where the collection vehicle passes.
- Allow a metre between adjacent bins and/or obstructions (e.g. trees, poles).
- Place the bin facing the road, the arrows on the lid indicate the correct placement.
- Have your bin/s out at the kerbside by 7.30am on your offiical collection day.
What is my collection day?
The bins are clearly labelled with your property address and collection day. Click here to download a copy of the collection calendar or to find you your next yellow collection day.